Authors: The Textmunication Team | November 29, 2016 | 4.5 mins
Why do mobile devices have a huge involvement in holiday campaigns in the most recent years? Mobile commerce has spread across all types markets and has been the latest on-going trend. Sellers have becoming more creative about how they are engaging clients during the holidays and are using text messaging to do it.
Mobile technology has forever changed the shopping habits of people around the world. With the lasting impact mobile technology has on retailers, it’s important to have an effective mobile strategy to attract more customers. Retailers provide great deals during the peak retail periods during Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. A recent consumer shopping survey from holiday shoppers reveals mobile shopping accounted for 60% of online traffic and 40% of online sales. With mobile shopping traffic increasing annually, retailers start promoting great deals even before Black Friday and mobile shoppers start their Christmas purchases before November.
Six Mobile Messaging Strategies:
1. Early Holiday Campaigns: Every year consumers are eagerly waiting for holiday campaigns. During the first week of November, holiday notification rates peak. Plan your holiday campaign earlier to reap benefits.
2. Attractive and Creative Messages: You message should be creative and attract the customers to tap the “Shop now” button. Icons or emoji’s can be added to your notifications attracting more customers.
3. Usage of Interactive Notifications: Interactive notifications should be used in your app. The daily deals will be updated to the customers who tapped “yes”. This promotes your business across the platform.
4. Holiday Campaign via Text message Marketing: Text messaging via SMS is an effective tool used by the retailers to reach large numbers of people in a short period of time. Sending SMS campaigns during peak Holidays will provide instant ROI for businesses.
5. Reward Loyalty: Reward users who share your app to friends through email, SMS and social media with additional discounts or loyalty points for merchandise.
6. Seamless Checkout Option: A complicated checkout process can hurt sales. In order to have seamless shopping, the checkouts should be secure and smooth. Digital wallet users are growing steadily through Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay which makes the checkout experience easy and painless.
The energy and buying power of customers are high during the holidays. Take this opportunity to optimize your business with SMS campaigns. Textmunication can help you through the SMS set-up process and develop a robust and effective digital marketing plan for your business.